Last updated: May 2016
The Site is operated by the owners of the apartment advertised on this site.
We do not knowingly collect or process data from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old.
Who processes your personal data, and where?
Our Site may also collect and store some information (including personal information) locally on your device using your browser and data caches. This could include, for example, photographs of properties you have viewed online.
Please also remember that when you share information on the Site, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google, which may mean that the information is made public. For example, if you review a property you have stayed at, the review and any information you provide as part of that review may be publicly accessible. Some specialist sites (such as http://www.gogobot.com) also feature reviews on their websites.
The information we collect
At various times you may give your personal data to us. For example, where the property you rent from us is not owned by us and it is necessary to send your details to the property owner. We may need to know all or some of the following: your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and your current location. You may also give personal data to us at other times, such as when registering on the Site, when submitting an advertisement for a property or communicating with another user of the Site.
When you use the Site we may collect and process information about your actual location, including GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor or IP address data from your device.
We may collect reviews written by Travellers on a property they stayed in (“Traveller Reviews”). Traveller Reviews are displayed on our Site.
How we use your personal data
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you requested and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that we may use for personal data for the following purposes:
• For the services or support you request;
• To contact you from time to time with critical user or service updates;
• To send other messages that are useful to the service we provide on the Site;
• To provide personalised, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
• To promote the services related to the Site by email and via social media platforms;
• To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
How We May Disclose Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interest of national security, public interest or law enforcement in any country where the site BanskoRentals.com has entities or affiliates. For example, we may respond to a valid request by a law enforcement agency or regulatory or governmental authority. We may also disclose data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights or interests.
We share your information with third parties who help deliver our products and services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
We may also share your personal data with:
• if you opt in to receive information about the opportunities, products, or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you;
• When creating a profile on our Site, the information in your profile will available to be viewed by other Users of our Site.
• We will display your name (taken from your profile) with any content that you contribute to the Site.
• A property Owner and/or travelers for example where there is damage to the property or traveler in the event of an insurance claim.
• Another user if you have done or may do business with them;
• Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook if you have asked us to connect with your Facebook account.
You may have accessed our website through a hyperlink from the website of one of our trading partners. If so, you consent to your personal details and purchase information, including behavioral patterns, being shared with that trading partner in accordance with our contractual relationship with them.
If you sign up, you will receive our newsletter, which is an integral part of the services we provide. We may offer different newsletters from time to time intended to enhance the services we or they offer. Users may cancel their subscription to these newsletters at any time, although it may take a short while for the changes in your preferences to become effective.
Surveys are another method by which we gather information about our users. From time to time, we request users’ input in order to evaluate potential features and services. The decision to answer a survey is completely yours. We use information gathered from surveys to improve our services.
When you download or use apps relating to our, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Once We Have It?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each user’s responsibility:
• To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
• To ensure no-one else uses the Site while the user’s device is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your device through a mobile, Wi-Fi or share access connection you are using);
• To log off or exit from Site when not using it;
• Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network. You should use a password which is unique to your use of the Site – do not use the same password as you use for another site or email account; and
• To maintain good internet security. For example if your email account or Facebook account is compromised this could allow access to your account with us if you have given us those details and/or permitted access through those accounts. If your email account is compromised it could be used to ask us to reset a password and gain access to your account with us. You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us as soon as you can so that we can try to help you keep your account secure and if necessary warn anyone else who could be affected.
If you have asked us to share data with third party sites, however (such as Facebook) their servers may not be secure. Credit card information is generally stored by our credit card processing partners and we ask them to keep that data secure. We also use third parties to help us optimize our website flow, content and advertising (see below).
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not secure. As a result others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
What are Cookies, Web Beacons and Clear GIFs and Why Do We Use Them?
Our Site has a dedicated section on Cookies.
How do I correct or update my information?
We allow our users the option to change or modify information previously provided by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communications from you?
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means:
1. Contact us at email@example.com
2. Follow the instructions included in each communication or newsletter,
3. Use the “Unsubscribe” function
Please remember that if you change your preference it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective.
How long will we keep your personal data?
How do I contact you?